Friday, April 24, 2009

Snappy Birthday!

This card was copied from Hairchick on Etsy. I haven't used my Stampin' Up! Crab & Company set in forever. I've been pretty stumped about how to make a card that doesn't wind up looking terrible. I love the images but for some reason I just couldnt put them together. For this card I started off with Stampin' Up!'s Kraft cardstock as the base. Next I layered a piece of Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip cardstock. I stamped the crab in black Sta Z on ink onto a piece of white cardstock. I used my watercolor pen (like Stampin' Up!s AquaPainter) and Stampin' Up!s Real Red craft ink to color in the crab. I used Stampin' Up!'s Sahara Sand dye ink with the watercolor pen to color the sand. I matted that in choclate chip and adhered it to a piece of Stampin' Up! Kraft cardstock. I tied a bow with Michale's brown ribbon and adhered that to the Kraft piece. I stamped the sentiment from the set onto the cardstock with Stampin' Up!'s Chocolate Chip dye ink. Finally I adhered that piece to the card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment