Monday, April 6, 2009

Another Asian Influences Card


Layout sketches definitely make a huge difference in the quality of cards. This is another card that I am sending to Inkadinkadoo for their free stamp promotion. I used the Mojo Moday Week 79 sketch as well. Once again I used the Asian Influences set. I have two other sets from Hero Arts that will go wonderfully with this set. I can't wait to use them all together. I started with a white card base. Then I stamped my image on white cardstock in Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossed it with Stampendous Clear embossing powder. I did not use my embossing buddy prior to stamping the image so there are so stray clear pieces that you can see towards the top of the dress. The embossing buddy definitely makes a huge difference and is really affordable. Next I used my watercolor pen (similar to Stampin' Up!s Aqua Painter) with Colorbox's purple and blue pigment inks and Stampin' Up!s Pixie Pink craft ink to color in my image. Next I cut out a piece of light purple cardstock and used my Stampin' Up! Scallop Edge punch along the bottom. Next I cut a smaller piece of light blue card stock and stamped it with the fan image. I adhered the blue piece to the purple piece and adhered it to the card base. Next, I matted my image with black cardstock and adhered that to the card base on top of the purple/blue piece. I used Stampin' Up!s 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon in Basic Black to tie a knot and adhered that to the card. I cut the excess off of the sides. I then stamped the "sentiment" from the set in blue Colorbox pigment ink. I can't wait for my free stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment