Thursday, April 9, 2009

Baby Onesie Card

Afriend of mine is expecting twin girls this month. I'm so excited for her. She has been wanting a baby for so long and now she gets two! She is doing their room in dragonflies and butterflies so this tiny butteryfly from Stampin' Up!s Winged Things was perfect for this card. I started out by making a card base that folds at the top instead of the side. I stamped the butterfly in Colorbox purple pigment ink. Next I used the second to the smallest circle Nestability die with my big shot to cut out an opening in the top of the card. Then I ran it through on the corners. Next I measured in an even amount an even distance from the top of the card and made a small dot. I then ran my exacto knife down the edge from that dot to the point created by the circle Nestability at the leg opening. I used a piece of plastic to help keep the line straight. I did the same thing on the other side of the card. Next I ran my scalloped circle Nestability through my Big Shot with the same circle that I had used to cut the openings. I did that three times and adhered one at the neck opening and two leg openings. I used my exacto knife again to trim off the excess circle. Scissors would have worked just fine. I then used my "pokey tool" to poke three holes in the top layer of the bottom of the card. I put a Spare Parts silver mini brad in each hole. Next I tied a bow with pink grosgrain ribbon from Hobby Lobby. You actually cannot see in the picture but both the ribbon and the gems are light pink. I adhered the bow with a glue dot and used adhesive to secure the ends. Next I placed two light pink self adhering rhinestones from Studio 18 underneath the bow. I ashered a strip of white card stock to each arm opening and used my Stampin' Up! scallop edge punch. To finish up the card I stamped "welcome baby" from Stampin' Up!s Short & Sweet set inside twice since she is having twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment