Sunday, April 5, 2009

Inkadinkadoo Free Stamp Offer

Inkadinkadoo currently has a pretty nice promotion going on. You make a card (or project) using only their stamps and send it to them and they will send you a free stamp! You don't even have to pay shipping. This was the perfect motivation for me to purchase this set that I have had my eyes on at Michael's. It is called Asian Influences. With the 50% off coupons that they have been having almost regularly this set was only $5. How could I pass that up? Plus I decided that it was an investment. Buy one stamp set for $5 and get 3 more stamps for free! So if they are wood monted stamps that normally run about $6 each this set was a STEAL! Plus, every card can use some bamboo! To participate in this promotion cards must be postmarked by April 15th, 2009. You need to include the stamp item number of the stamp(s) that you used, your name, address, phone number, email address, and the name of your favorite stamp store. Then send your card or project to:
Inkadinkado Gallery
1801 N. 12th Street
Reading, PA 19604-1527

There is a limit of three per household. I am probably going to make two more card using just this set soon. The lady in the kimono will be perfect for that mojo monday week 79 layout from yesterday (hint, hint). Today's card is pretty easy. I started out with a black cardstock base and stamped the tall bamboo with Stampin' Up! Craft Green Galore ink. One of the things that I love most about Stampin' Up!s Craft ink versus Colorbox's pigment ink is that Stampin' Up!s ink tends to stay on the surface of the paper and show more color. It is like a chalk ink almost. I don't use chalk ink so I can't tell you how it compasres to chalk ink but I just might have to get some. My Heart's Fancy recently cot in some Colorbox chalk ink in Gray Whale and I love that color. After stampin the bamboo I stamped the guy with Versafine ink in Onyx Black and used Stampendous embossing powder in Clear and heat embossed him. Versafine is billed as a fast drying ink that dries instantly on matte cardstock; however, it is great for clear stamps and embossing. It stays wet long enough for embossing powder to stick and goes on evenly like my beloved Sta Z on. It is great because it doesnt stain all my clear stamps. Next I ran the image through my Big Shot with my oval Nestabilities. I used the second to the largest oval to cut out my image and the largest oval to cut out a red background. After adhering the white to the red I decided that my image was too plain. I used my watercolor brush (like Stampin' Up!s Aqua Painter) and Stampin' Up!s Kiwi Kiss, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, and Colorbox's green to paint my image. I then adhered it to the card base and I was done. I don't have any Inkadinkadoo sentiments so I could not add one to this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment