Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cupcake Tower

Today's card started out great but I'm not sure if I like how it wound up. Fist I stamped the cupcake tower image from Studio G with Versafine Onyx black ink and embossed it with clear Stampendous embossing powder. Next I used my watercolor brush (similar to Stampin' Up!s Aqua Painter) to color in the cupcakes with Stampin' Up! Real Red and Pixie Pink Craft inks, Martha Stewart blue sky pigment ink, and Colorbox purple pigment ink. Next I used my Big Shot and circle Nestabilities to cut out the tower. I used two way glue and my pink mystery glitter that I got in an unmarked tube at Basket market to coat the icing. Then I used Aleene's Paper Glaze to make the cherries stand out. I cut a piece of Stampin' Up! cardstock with my Big Shot and a scalloped circle Nestability die. I used a white Uniball Signo pen to make dots on each scallop and adhered the circle tower image to the scalloped circle. I then adhered the scalloped image to the card base. Next I stamped the sentiment which is from Stampin' Up!s A Little Birthday Cheer in Colorbox purple pigment ink and embossed it in clear embossing powder. Finally I added two pink rhinestones from Studio 18. They are almost the exact shade of pink as the card base but just don't show up right.

No comments:

Post a Comment