Friday, April 3, 2009

Celebrate Cupcakes!


My mother asked me to make a card for her to give to her friend for her birthday. Usually I consider these requests challenges. However the only rule for this challenge was birthday. There were no colors, styles, etc. As a good daughter I did it anyway. This gave me an excuse to use two of my new stamp sets that I hadn't even opened. I started off by stamping the cupcakes with black Sta Z on ink. I knew that I was going to color them with something. I decided to go with my standby- colored pencils blended with Gamsol. I love working with Gamsol. Gamsol blends colored pencils almost effortlessly. I then decided that the cupcakes needed a little something so I added Aleene's Paper Glaze to the icing of the two end cupcakes and to the cherry. Next I matted the cupcakes with the baby blue from the card base. I then used my Stampin' Up! scallop edge punch to punch the edges of a piece of pastel pink cardstock. I adhered the matted cupcakes to the pink scallop piece and laid it on the card base. I used that as my guide to stamp celebrate from Stampin' Up!s celebrate everything set. That set is so versatile because it comes with many phrases that you can add to tailor the sentiment to your occasion. Under celebrate I added cupcakes forever from my studio g cupcake set. Both were stamped in colorbox pigment ink. I embossed both parts of the sentiment using Stampendous star dust transparent embossing powder. It has clear mixed with silver glitter. It gives both a raised and a glitter effect it one. I love it because it is a real timesaver! It really helps add a little extra to this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment