Monday, April 13, 2009

Bird Birthday


This Maya Road stamp set is so versatile. Today I used my Build a Tree Singleton Stamp set to create a birthday card. I started off by stamping the tree in Stampin' Up!s Chocolate Chip classic ink. I used my Stampin' Up! Blender Pen with the ink pad to fill in the heart in the tree. Next I stamped the assorted leaves in Colorbox green pigment ink. I embossed them with Stampendous clear embossing powder. I used my Blender Pen with light green Colorbox Pigment ink to fill in the leaves. I stamped the bird in blue Colorbox pigment ink and embossed it with Stampendous clear embossing powder. Before stamping it I wiped the eye and beak clean. I used my Blender Pen with Colorbox light blue pigment ink and Marvy Markers to color in the bird. I used a black Sharpie pen to color in the bird's eye. I used a Mary marker to color the beak orange. I matted this with green card stock. I then took a piece of light blue card stock and stamped the pear repeatedly in blue Colorbox ink. I used Stampin' Up!s Ticket Corner Punch on the corners. Next I cut a piece out of the blue to add space for my sentiment. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!s A Little Birthday Cheer and is stamped in Versafine Onxy Black ink. I stamped the pear from the Maya Road set in Colorbox green pigment ink and embossed it with clear Stampendous embossing power. Next I adhered the matted image to the top portion of the blue card stock and adhered that to the card base. I adhered the sentiment to the card base and then adhered the bottom piece of the blue card stock below it. Finally I cut 4 strips of black paper and cut them at an angle with my scissors. I adhered two ofthem together at a 90 degree angle. I used my "pokey" tool to poke holes in each one and adhered them to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment