Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hedgie Get Better

My step dad was in a pretty nasty car wreck the other day. His van was totaled. While he is okay (thankfully) he is still pretty achy. I decided to make him a get well soon card with some paper that I had leftover from a birthday card I made.

My step dad LOVES OSU so this was perfect. Plus, orange and black coordinate so well. I also got a change to use my new hedgehog Quickutz die. This is actually 2 2x2 dies. I used my Big Shot although this would have been better suited to my Squeeze because of the large number of times I had to cut off hegehog pieces. I started off with a white card base and then cut some black to mat it. Then I used more white so that my hedgies would show up. Then I began the endless hedgehog cutting process. I cut two orange bases, 4 neutral color heads, and TONS of eyes, noeses, and feet. I kept losing the little eyes and noeses. I also almost left off about 3 feet. Next I cut out "get better" with my Quickutz Moxie dies. I adhered these to the paper with 2 way glue. They didn't stand out enough so I did some coloring with my white Inksentials pen. I'm not too happy with how it turned out but I didnt want to cut out the letters and re-glue them. I then sponged the hedgie faces with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in walnut stain. I adhered the faces with more 2 way glue. I used my little Xyron machine to put adhesive on the hedgehog bodies and adhered them. I used 2 way glue to adhere all the feet, eyes, and noses. Next I wrapped a piece of Stampin' Up!s black gingham ribbon around the card front and adhered it. I put the "get better" piece over that. Finally I cut out Pete from another piece of OSU paper that I had leftover and adhered him with a pop dot and then adhered to card from to the card base. I think that next time I will stick with fewer hedgies!

No comments:

Post a Comment