Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mojo Monday Week 79


Okay so I'm a bit behind. These sketches help inspire me. Some of my best cards come from these sketches. It allows me to copy something so that I have a plan but also makes me pick the colors and stamps. I did deviate from the sketch a bit but even the featured artists do that. White card bases make me pretty nervous. I never feel as if the card is finished. I used My Favorite things Eggstra Special stamp set for this card. I purchased this set because it has a super cute log eared bunny and I thought that he would look great in chocolate with a bite missing from his ear. I haven't gotten around to that just yet but I do love the sentiments. First I stamped the chicks and egg on white card stock with jet black Sta Z on. That is actually one stamp so it is super easy. I then added some detail to the chicks with my Marvy markers. I colored the egg and the chicks' bodies with colored pencils. I used Gamsol to blend it all. Gamsol makes shading a breeze! Then I matted the image with pink cardstock. Next I cut out the piece to be scalloped and punched it with Stampin' Up!s scallop edge punch. I then cut a smaller piece of light purple cardstock and stamped it with the flower from Stampin' Up!s Short & Sweet stamp set. I used my white Inksentials ink pen to color in the center of each flower. I think that you can see that if you look closely. I adhered the purple flower piece to the scalloped pinck piece and adhered that to the card stock base. Next I took a piece of light purple ribbon from Michael's and adhered it to the card. I cut it at the edges of the card. The I put my sentiment stamp on the card so that I knew where to place my image. I adhered the image and then stamped "Happy Easter" with jet black Sta Z on ink. Sta Z on ink is one of my favorite inks. It is perfect for images that you are going to color because it does not smudge or blend into your image. I also love the darkness of the black. Since I did not add the bow to the card it looked like it needed a little something extra. My bottle of Prima Iced Got Flowers? caught my eye... specifically a white one with pink dots. It was a bit further down in the bottle and as I was pouring them out I saw the pink one with white dots and laid it on the card. Once I got to the white one and laid it on the card I knew that the pink one was perfect. I took a Making Memories silver brad and used it to attach the flower. I love these colors for spring and I think that maybe the white card base and I can become friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment