Sunday, March 29, 2009

Trendy Trees



I just got Stampin' Up!s Trendy Trees set and I couldn't wait to use it. I knew that it would be perfect with my Top Note die for my Big Shot. I ran a piece of white card stock through with the Top Note die and then trimmed it along the perforation lines. I used an edge distresser to... distress the edges! I used Tim Holtz distress ink in walnut stain with a sponge around the edges. I then stamped the tree tops in Stampin Up! craft ink in Green Galore and Gable Green. The tree trunks were stamped in Stampin' Up! Chocoale Chip dye ink. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!s A Little Birthday Cheer set and is stamped in Stampin' Up!s Real Red craft ink. I used Making Memories eyelets in brushed steel (or some such name) on each side of the sentiment. My Crop A Dile was being uncooperative and smashed both eyelets. I hate the different settings! Anyway, I cut a strip of red ribbon that I bought in bulk and adhered it in between the White and green Top Note shapes. Next I stamped another tree top from Trendy Trees in Real Red craft ink on Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip card stock. I put adhesive on the ribbon and the Top Note shapes and adhered them to the card. Finally I trimmed off the excess red ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment