Monday, March 30, 2009

Maya Road Post-It Note Holder


I went on a major shopping spree this weekend and picked up this cute Maya Road clear stamp set. It is called Build A Tree Singleton Stamp Set and was (obviously) $4.99. I just couldn't pass it up! Scrapbooks from the Heart had a $5 off any $10 purchase so I had to get them... along with a little something for Janna's upcoming birthday. I love how the leaves were designed. Each leaf can be attached to the tree on either side. Having both a bird and an owl give you many options so that you're not digging through your other stamp sets to find something that coordinates. I did not even notice the little heart in the tree until I got the stamp set home. I am thinking about making an engagement card with this set. Wouldn't this tree look cute with shiny silver rings instead of leaves?

I decided that this stamp set would be perfect for a project that I have been thinking about for a while: Post-It Note holders. I saw them on another blog and have been obsessing over them ever since.

I used Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip dye ink to stamp the tree trunk. I then used Colorbox pigment ink to stamp the leaves. The bird was stamped in blue Colorbox pigment ink. I used my Marvy marker to color the little heart in the tree trunk red. I used my Aqua Painter (a water color brush that is prefilled with water) to paint the leaves with a lighter green Colorbox pigment ink. I used my Stampin' Up! Blender pen and my Colorbox pigment ink to color in the bird. His wing was colored with another Marvy marker. I stamped the pear on a piece of baby blue card stock with the Colorbox pigment ink. It was darker than the Versamark ink and helped my project coordinate with the post it notes. After stamping the pears for the background I stamped a pear onto every Post-It note with Colorbox pigment ink. Thank goodness I didn't get real Post-It notes-those have more pages! I matted my tree image on bright green cardstock and adhered it to my pear background. I slid it into an acryllic picture fram from the Dollar Tree. To complete my project I used The Paper Studio's Double sided Mounting Tape from Hobby Lobby. It is essential that you use some type of heavy-duty adhesive for the Post-It notes otherwise they will eventually fall or peel off. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment